How to Organise Special Events & Festivals
Practical proven methods, easy-to-read and apply concise step-by step guidelines and check-lists. An invaluable time-saving resource for the development of tourism ventures and for training
This 94-page manual has been compiled to assist event and festival organisers and organising committees in minimising risk and achieving success with any type of community or regional event or festival in any location.
- Introduction: why some events fail to meet the objectives, 25 characteristics of successful events, strategic planning flowchart.
- Establishing the festival organising committee: structure options, succession planning.
- Budgeting and financial management, expenses checklist, financial management and control issues, asset register, acquittal of funding.
- How to gain sponsorship: 5 reasons why submissions fail, how to develop a sponsorship plan, guidelines for approaching sponsors.
- Event and Festival planning: 20 key issues
- Risk management: risk assessment chart, security, crisis management action plan.
- How to promote special events or festivals: identifying your target markets, marketing options, marketing plan.
- How to conduct a post-event evaluation.
- Comprehensive event-planning checklist.
First published in 1998 and now in its 8th edition, this highly acclaimed manual is used by all levels of government, corporations, industry and business organisations, event organisers training providers and educational institutions throughout Australia and in 14 countries.
Practical proven methods, easy-to-read and apply concise step-by step guidelines and checklists. An invaluable time-saving resource for the development of tourism ventures and for training programs and training material. 94 page manual.